No products in the cart.
It is believed that the Egyptian Queen Cleopatra had the sails of her ship soaked in Rose water. The scent of roses would carry on the sea breeze to her lover Mark Anthony, he would be made aware of her impending arrival before he could see her.
I personally am a huge fan of natural beauty products and one of my favourite is Rose Water. The pure scent of rose can uplift my mood and calm my skin.
So what is it, where does it come from and how do i use it on my skin?
What is Hydrolat?
Rose Water hydrolat is a natural product from the distillation process of rose essential oil.. Herbal essences are produced in a similar manner to essential oils. However, the essential oil will float to the top of the distillate where it is then removed, leaving behind the watery distillate. This is what is known as Hydrolat or Essential Water
Why use Rose Water on your skin?
There are many benefits to using Rosewater on the skin:
– It will help to cool the skin ( I find after getting too much sun on my face that this helps very much).
– Helps fight against skin conditions such as acne, eczema and dermatitis.
– It is a gentle skin toner and will help maintain the skin’s pH balance.
– It has anti-bacterial properties it can help in the healing of scars and cuts.
– Rose water helps hydrate and moisturise the skin giving it with that refreshed look.
– It can be used to set makeup when ‘spritzed’ on the face (these bottles can easily be purchased in a chemist).
– Not to forget the fragrance of Rosewater has a calming effect and will lift your mood.
I find using at night as part of my beauty routine offers me the most benefits. Transferring some of the liquid into a spritz bottle (I purchased mine in a travel bottle kit at my local chemist for €3.99) is the easiest way to apply.
After removing my make-up and cleansing my skin I give my face a spritz of the essential water, this way I don’t waste as much product in contrast to using a cotton ball.
It also works incredibly well when spritzed over make-up to help set it.
Check out my holistic beauty products here.